International Cartoon Contest – Naji Al-Ali on Palestine2010
مسابقة ناجي العلي 2010- تركيا
الموضوع: ناجي العلي وفلسطين
آخر موعد لتقديم الرسوم: 22/11/2010
We’re calling everyone who want to support this heritage as well as to support this struggle, to participate to the 2010 International Cartoon Contest “Naji al Ali” on Palestine and to make heard the sound of Naji al Ali, Handala and Palestine.
About the contest
This contest is being organized by Assocation for Solidarity with Palestinian People (Turkey) and HOMUR Humor and Cartoon Group.
Conditions of participation
*The works must reach the organizing association not later than 22nd of November 2010, Monday. Also the participants using the way of postal, should arrange the last day of sending as 22nd November of 2010, Monday. Nevertheless, all of the works which will arrive before the gathering of the Selective Committee will be assessed. The organizing association will not be responsible of the postal delays.
*The submitted works must be original. In case of submitting the works with the print out of the cartoons, it is a necessary that the cartoonists put their original signatures on their works.
*The standard size for the dimension of the works must be A4 (21×29,7 cm) or A3 (29,7 x42 cm). The works sent by internet must be high resolution file (300dpi required).
*The cartoonists are free to participate with already published works as long as these works have not previously been awarded in any other contest. The maximum number of works for each cartoonist to participate the contest is 3.
*The Contest is open to cartoonists from all over the world. Also “Handala ‘Stone General’ Special Prize” will be given to two cartoonists who are between 10-13 and 14-17 years old.
*The address for the cartoonists preferring to use post offices to participate the contest is: Filistin Halkiyla Dayani ma Dernegi, Huseyin Aga Mah. Dudu Odalar Sok. No:10 Kat:3 Beyoglu / ISTANBUL / TURKEY
E-mail address for the online participation is: email@example.com
(For more information: homur.blogspot.com; bizimhanzala.blogspot.com;
for communication: firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Organizers are not responsible for damage caused during transportation by post. Name, surname, birth date, postal adress, phone number and e-mail adress should be written on the reverse side of each cartoon.
* Participants should send their works with participation forms which can be found in annex after filling it completely and signing it. The participants who send their works via internet must also send their signed participation form to the address mentioned above.
* Participants who filled the participation form are assumed that they transfer all the rights on the cartoons defined by Turkish laws to the Association for Solidarity with Palestinian People and that the mentioned association has the right to exibit, keep them in its archive and broadcast works on the internet. Moreover they also accept that HOMUR Humor and Cartoon Group can use all the works without any restrictions.
*At the end of the contest, a BIG PRIZE OF NAJI AL-ALI will be given to one of the works.
In addition to this, there will be four equivalent ACHIEVEMENT PRIZES.
-HANDALA LAND PRIZE
-HANDALA FREEDOM PRIZE
-HANDALA HUMAN RIGHTS PRIZE
-HANDALA INTIFADA PRIZE
Also, two of the cartoonists between 10-13 and 14-17 years old will be awarded with “HANDALA ‘STONE GENERAL’ PRIZE”.
In addition to the special prizes given by Association for Solidarity with Palestinian People and HOMUR Humor and Cartoon Group, there will also be awards from some different institutions.
The Selective Committee and the announcement of the results
* Selective Committee(Jury) for the contest will be announced later.
* Selective Committee will be gathered at 27th of November 2010, Saturday.
* The results of the contest will be announced at 28th of November 2010, Sunday.
* Prize Ceremony will be held on 11th December of 2010, Saturday in Istanbul. The ceremony is open for everyone, and the winners of “big prize”, “achievement prizes” and the”Handala ‘stone general’ prizes” may able to participate the ceremony, as 3 days-accomodation will be supplied by Association for Solidarity with Palestinian People.
After the contest
* One album of cartoons those determined by the jury will be sent to cartoonists. Besides, a circulating exhibition will be organized from the participant workings. Foremost, this exhibition will travel to cities of Turkey, like Istanbul, Izmir, Eski ehir, Adana, Zonguldak, Antalya. Then, it will be exhibited both some cities and centers of the world and Middle Eastern Countries. After the contest,exchange of information with the participants will also continue and the participants will be informed about the exhibitions.
* The works will not be returned. After the exhibition, they will be kept in Museum Of Cartoon and Humor, under the responsibility of Association of Cartoonists(Turkey).
* The only professional organization of the cartoonists in Turkey, Association Of Cartoonists supports the contest.